Sunday, January 28, 2018

Paper Fortune Teller


Paper Fortune Teller

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 24, 2018




I remember as a kid, my sister would approach me

In her hands she held a paper Fortune Teller, “Pick a Number and you will see”

Once you picked a number, she'd open it up to see

Next was picking a color, and that choice was up to me



After the basic choices, there would be more

I kept wondering, what else could be in store

Every Paper Fortune Teller, was different than the last

It was meant to tell my future, not to tell me past



When it came to colors, I would usually pick blue

Always wondering if what was written, would come true

You could use different categories in this game

It was fun to see, if it would turn out the same



Online, there are directions on how to make them too

If you follow directions, that's all you have to do

Make one to suit your interests, then when you are done

You'll have had a great time, and a little bit of fun

I wonder, what will your future be

What is it, that the Fortune Teller will foresee







Reminded me a bit of the 8-Ball that tells your future.

It was fun just to see what my sister wrote down.

I seem to recall making one too, and adding my own

future choices for others to try. It was enjoyable on

a rainy day. Or just any old day when not much

else was happening. Who else remembers these?

No comments:

Post a Comment