Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Hummingbird Moth


The Hummingbird Moth

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 4, 2018





Right before my eyes, what did I see

It wasn't a Hummingbird, in front of me

I looked again, what could it be

It was a Hummingbird Moth, flying by me



It had a long tongue, tasting the nectar of each flower

I must have watched it, for over an hour

What an amazing creature,” came to my mind

As I watched its long tongue, start to unwind



Curled up in flight, released in the next flower

As I kept watching, too fast went the hour

I took pictures, from every angle I could

So I could share them with others, as only I would



That long tongue, reminded me of a long straw

In my mind's eye, that is what I saw

It must come in handy, to have a tongue like that

But you'd have to watch your diet, so you wouldn't get fat



I gazed at the Hummingbird Moth, and inside my mind

It seems in each day, there is so much we can find”

I felt drawn in to the moment, as I watched it fly

So many beautiful creatures, we can see with our eye







I've only seen the Hummingbird Moth twice so far. But I

took many pictures each time. It was amazing to watch

and not scare it away as it went about its search for the

flower with the nectar that would satisfy its appetite.


No comments:

Post a Comment