Saturday, February 10, 2024

1950

 

1950

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 10, 2024



What's in the meaning of a number?

For some, it makes you wonder

People tend to think a number, is very good luck

They'll play the lottery, to try to win a buck


Spiritual people think some numbers, are Angels that are near

While some numbers, have meanings that are unclear

Maybe it's for a very special day

To be remembered, in a certain way


A Birthday, A Marriage, or a day when someone died

A day to be remembered, a day where you had cried

Maybe someone, had a bad year

On this day, it had brought a tear


Nineteen Fifty, might be pretty nice

It's really not a bad score, when rolling the dice

Unless you're superstitious, and then it could just be

That Nineteen Fifty, is your greatest enemy


For me, it doesn't mean a thing

I'll roll the dice, and take what it will bring

What will be, is what it will be

When rolling dice, I have no enemy


I play to have fun, a great night with friends

A night of enjoyment, when the day ends

If my score is Nineteen Fifty, it won't worry me

Playing the game, is using a better strategy


If it comes up, and that is the score

I treat it like any other, I just ignore

If you rolled again, that loss was your chance

To keep what you had, or to do the losers dance


1950 doesn't have any curse to it. It is just a number.

It is not out to make you lose. You are above the number, and can control it.

No comments:

Post a Comment