Monday, February 5, 2024

Family Game Time

 

Family Game Time

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 19, 2024


While growing up, games were what we always did

Rummy, Nertz, Cribbage, it was fun as an adult or a kid

Gin Rummy or Five Hundred Rummy, it didn't matter to us

Our family loved playing games, we never caused a fuss

Dice games, board games, and card games too

Taking part in any of them, was always fun to do

Bunco was fun, and then along came Greed

Who really knew, where each day would lead


My brother Terry, would stop in the afternoon and stay

Play a few games of Cribbage with Mom, on almost every day

When our whole family got together, we'd play Animal or Spoons

I haven't played those games, for quite a few moons

As a kid it was games like Leapin' Letters, or Battling Tops

Kerplunk, drop the ball in and see if it drops

Charades, was a lot of fun to play

When friends came over, it was all day


Then there was a time at the old family home, we'd play at night

Nancy would come over, we'd play games under the kitchen light

Royal Rummy, The Magnificent Race, Boggle, or Pictionary

The games that we played, they would always vary

The fun times, never seemed to end

Memories of those times, we use to spend

I think back to those days, the memories are great

Those were the times so precious, I sure appreciate


I keep those memories alive, by cherishing each and every game

These days I play them with Nancy, and friends, which is my aim

I love the games, that we always play

They add so much enjoyment, to every day

I can go back in time, with each memory

Yet still move ahead, which is a great place to be


The memories of playing games with Mom and my

brothers and sisters, always take me back. Today I

am making more memories with my sister Nancy,

and the friends I play games with at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment