Saturday, February 10, 2024

Don't Hold A Grudge

 

Don't Hold A Grudge!

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 31, 2024



Don't hold a grudge, and not talk to me

We can work it out, I'm sure you'll agree

Nothing is so bad, where it'll tear us apart

I love you, and always have you in my heart


It was an accident, if you only knew

It could have happened, even to you

I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry sorry I did

Made you upset, and you blew your lid


We're both adults, so let's talk it out

Let's not leave, aside any doubt

You know I wouldn't hurt you, on any day

So don't go silent, don't stay away


Life is too short, with less time together

Our time. Should always be a pleasure

We're missing out on so much, of each other's life

This grudge you're holding, causes so much strife


Words can not say, how sorry I am

I wasn't thinking, but I do give a damn

So please call me, the sooner would be great

I prefer us to chat, please let's not wait


Accidents do happen, especially very easily

and very quickly. Nobody should be cut off

completely from a friend or relative, just

because something shouldn't have happened.

Hear them out, let it pass over and be gone.

Carry on, and remember, nobody is perfect.

Forgive and make up, and enjoy the time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment