Monday, February 5, 2024

Sam

 

Sam

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 30, 2024



I remember you living , in a green house in back on fourteenth street

You had a little boy and girl, it would be then that we would meet

Looking back at the time, he became my best friend

Like all things in life, who would know that time would end


With all things we have in the past, he took resident in my memory

I visit them often, and there's so many of them I do see

He always had his little sister along, when we would play

She was like a friend too, so beautiful in every way


I was saddened to hear, you were going to move away

But it wasn't that far, a yellow house is where you'd stay

You married Franny Marcotte, two more kids were born to you

Time passed by, and in that time, they grew


I remember years later, I was still cutting through your yard to go

To the Miracle Market across the alley, because I had some dough

You helped Franny, run the Metropolitan for a long time

While I started writing poetry, and I learned to rhyme


I remember stopping by to say hello, at your front door window of your home

It seemed all through my life, through the neighborhood, I loved to roam

Now I take pictures, which I post when I can

I always knew you as Thelma, but others call you Sam




Happy Birthday Sam!



Wishing you the very best, every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment