Monday, January 30, 2017

A Book To Read


A Book To Read

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 30, 2017



As I pick up a book to read

I'm always amazed at where it will lead

Those authors take us for quite a ride

Between the covers, on the inside



The words, they flow, and off we go

And where we go, only the authors know

They write it with their readers in mind

It's up to us, in what we find



Imagination is a creative force

With lots of magic, of course

A quest for a magic ring

A powerful Wizard, or anything



The images that come to our mind

Are written there, for us to find

They come to life, within our brain

All because of what those words contain



Let's read the next chapter, before we go to bed

Everything that's happening, is going through my head

What will happen next, I need to know

I'll read another chapter, before I go



I can't put this book down

As it gets later, I wear a frown

I fall asleep, with a dreamy look on my face

The book falls from my hands, and I lose my place



And normally when it falls from your hands, it wakes

you up from your nap. It's all because of great authors,

that we find ourselves up late into the early morning

hours reading a great book. Because of their great

imagination, we get to explore a wonderful book.


No comments:

Post a Comment