Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Take Me Home, Escanaba


Take Me Home, Escanaba

© by Bud Lemire on March 26, 2013



Take me home, Escanaba

Down Ludington Street

Past the Sandpoint Lighthouse

To Aronson Island, where people meet



Drive by the Water Plant

You might just see Bob

The Great Blue Heron

Who begs for fish as a job



Let's go to the Band Shell

The City Band is there tonight

They play a variety of music

And it makes quite a sight



Take me home, Escanaba

To the Municipal Dock

People are diving and fishing

All around the clock



Take me to the Marina

Let's go out on a boat

On this Great Lake

It's always a good note



Take me home, Escanaba

Down Lake Shore Drive

So great to be here

So wonderful to be alive

*******************



Just a little ditty I wrote

about the place that is

home to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment