Sunday, January 15, 2017

Maybe I'm Dreaming


Maybe I'm Dreaming

© by Bud Lemire on Oct 30, 2005



I was attacked by a dog that look like a cat

It meowed and it barked, can you imagine that

Then it chirped and it tweeted and it flew in a tree

It's the craziest thing that ever happened to me



I saw a squirrel of rainbow, not black or not gray

It was so beautiful, as it scurried away

A bushy tail with colors of the rainbow

It touched my heart, and warmed my soul



I saw a bird, that hopped like a bunny

I know to me, it sure looked pretty funny

It chirped and it tweeted, as it hopped around

As quick as a rabbit, so fast on the ground



Oh my, what is happening to me

To distort my vision, and all that I see

Am I really seeing, all that is there

Why are my eyes, open and aware



Maybe I'm dreaming, and really awake

As I look out, at a purple colored lake

I must be crazy, and going insane

Or something I ate, messed up my brain

Oh well, I'll enjoy the colors, no matter what I see

And accept them all, for coming to me



Must have been one heck of a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment