Friday, January 20, 2017

Jake


Jake

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 20, 2017


 

A great man has passed, his name is Jake

Leaving his loved ones, with a grieving ache

With Dottie by his side, he'd visit us in our home

And when we got there, Mangum Road is where we'd roam



An Artist, I'd see his beauty hanging on the wall

He'd answer the phone, whenever I'd call

Last time I saw him, he said it was hard to breathe

And I remember taking his hand, and giving it a squeeze



The Angels took him, to the Heavenly place

Yet, I can still see the smile on his face

He's breathing much better, as he's left his body behind

He's fully recovered in Spirit, and that's a great sign



When looking up, and you see shapes in each cloud

He might be painting a picture, if that is allowed

If you see or hear him, in a dream some night

He's come to embrace you, with his Heavenly Light



It was always good to see you, Jake my friend

I know when my time comes, I'll see you again

Until that time comes, enjoy your time there

I'll remember you always, and I'll send you a prayer



My Brother-in-Law Jake Brady passed away. It was

good to see him and my Sister Dottie when they

stopped by our home to visit. And we would stop

to see them down Mangum Road. Thank you so

much for being a part of my memories and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment