Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Woman Of The Rainbow


The Woman Of The Rainbow

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 7, 2006

 

It wasn't so unusual, the woman with three eyes

But the purple color of her skin, came as a surprise

Her eyes were a strange shade of green

And the way she moved, seemed a bit obscene



As she moved in front of me, there was something more

I hadn't counted on, the way she moved across the floor

She took me in her arms, and held me very tight

And the world I once knew, had changed within my sight



She whispered to me, “Do not be afraid”

As I stared, her image started to fade

Before me stood a woman, who touched my very soul

All colors of the Rainbow, her skin was all aglow



I wondered who she was, and why she came to me

And the reason for this meeting, and all that it could be

I'm here to tell you, life isn't what it may seem”

There's more to every picture, you've awaken from a dream”



I couldn't take my eyes off, her beauty in plain sight

As her body held me tightly, deep into the night

I was somewhere else, lost in some other place

But not alone, at least not in this case

She was by my side, watching the scene change

The smile on her face, seemed a bit strange



Then it dawned on me, as I spotted a certain scene

I could see my future, and what lay in between

A Rainbow surrounded me, and gave me such a glow

And the Woman Of The Rainbow, was touching deep my soul



When she showed me the future, I realized I was a Rainbow to

others. Giving them hope and encouragement me to keep on

going. For each of us has a pot of Gold, which has meaning

in our lives. It won't be the exact pot of gold, but it will be

something or someone who means a lot to us.




No comments:

Post a Comment