Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Under My Skin


Under My Skin

© by Bud Lemire on Nov 21, 2005



Stronger and stronger, deeper it goes

Much deeper than anyone knows

Medicines numb me, sedating me asleep

While pain throughout my body, makes me weep



I keep hoping the pain will let up

Because I've really had more than enough

But it never does, it only gets worse

And I'm caught bearing this painful curse



I only ask for a little less pain

Because it is all I can sustain

It's bringing tears to my very eyes

I take pills of every size



From radiation treatments to chemo

Burns my body, and sickens my soul

My whole system, is bodily upset

But my soul hasn't given up yet



I will carry on, for I'm a fighter

Even if it turns into an all nighter

I will not let it control and win

I won't let it get Under My Skin



Someone I knew at this time went

through all this, and I wrote it into

this poem

No comments:

Post a Comment