Thursday, February 9, 2017

Filemma (Part 2)


Filemma (Part 2)

© by Bud Lemire on Feb 5, 2017





Taking a closer look, into a Nightmarish dream

She was awakened, by a loud noise and a scream

The Castle Men, were attacking her family home

She's never seen them before, their features all unknown

She saw them, taking her sister away

Her sister Domina, struggling to get free

They had her face covered, she couldn't talk or see

Filemma ran out to stop them, but was taken from behind

That was the last thing she remembered, darkness took her mind

Dark skinned, dark skinned, as the sun beat down

Her beauty spoke of royalty, but she didn't wear a crown



Just a trader of furs, nothing more than that

Living in her village home, is where she was at

Just a handful of family, were left to tend the place

All the others killed, by an enemy that showed no face

She came to, and she looked around

For traces of the footprints, and where they were bound

She'll get her sister back, no matter what it takes

Already she was feeling, all the familiar aches

Then she found herself bathing in a stream

This almost felt like, this could be a dream

Castle Men grabbed her, and tied her up real tight

Blindfolded her, and cut off her daylight

It was so tight, she'd never break free

She wished, that she could somehow see

Feeling like someone, was giving her a shake

It was Mesco, “It's time to come awake”



Realization, that the two sets of Castle Men weren't the same

It was from different places, that each of them came

So she knew the place, had to be Consoom

With a little luck, it wouldn't be her doom

They thanked the Gitchies for the feast

And the provisions to take, as they headed east

One thing Filemma thought, as they headed down the trail

They needed to free her sister, and they couldn't fail



After half a day's walk, they came to more trees

From inside the Gitchy backpack, she tasted something like cheese

She broke off a piece, and let Mesco give it a try

Then overhead, they saw something pass by

Mesco smiled, “Filemma my friend, you need not fear”

They have Flying Squirrels, in the trees over here”

Filemma asked, “have you been here before?”

Mesco replied, “Long ago with my family, we came to explore”

Mesco, do you know this area very well?”

Yes, but the last time I was here, I went through hell”

Mesco, do you have an idea where these Castle Men might be?”

I recall a large building, that's what I did see”

'If we keep following the trail, we'll be there in half a day”

Filemma smiled, as she let Mesco lead the way



Two hours later, they came to a certain spot

Okay Filemma, let's see what you got”

Mesco, what so ever do you mean?”

Time to practice that sorcery, or you'll be green”

See that large rock over there, by that tree”

I want you to hit it with your power, we'll see”

Filemma concentrated, and pushed her power out

The rock was pulverized, Mesco gave a shout

Now let's try it, with a little less force”

Filemma laughed, yet she sounded a little hoarse

Mesco pointed at another rock, not too far away

Filemma, just relax your mind, and it will be okay”

She did, and the result she used with her power

That hard rock was in a shape of a flower

Mesco laughed, his face was filled with glee

My sister use to pick these flowers, especially for me”

We called her PinRose, because she did”
“I haven't seen her, since I was a kid”



Filemma smiled, because she loved flowers too

And something else, she just somehow knew

Then she wondered, how did she know

Must be a part of her sorcery, as it was always so

Mesco smiled and said, “Now let's see how you do on a man”

Mesco, I'm not sure about this, do you think that I can?”

Just use your mind, and think about what will be”

Mesco went over, and sat under the tree

Filemma closed her eyes, visualizing Mesco here

When she opened her eyes, she saw Mesco disappear

She had no idea, that these powers did anything close

Then she felt something touch her face, like a ghost

Filemma jumped up, and turned around

She looked, but nobody was to be found

Then she heard a little laughter, and she knew

As Mesco was in front of her, he came back into view



It's a gift of my people, I learned when I was boy”

It was something that I use to, always enjoy”

Mesco, it means, I still didn't get to practice on a man”

Mesco smiled, “I've always known that you can”

How?” Filemma asked with a questioning look

Because, your visualization, is as plain as a book”

Remember when we were at the Gitchy home”

You knew without saying, that we weren't alone”

Yes!” Filemma smiled, “I felt there was someone else there”

And there was!” Mesco continued, “You were quite aware”

A little man in the shadows, with a beard”

Yes!” said Filemma, “and that seemed so weird”

What was he doing?” Filemma asked, “because I didn't look”

He was writing down everything we said, into a book”

All of a sudden, Filemma looked up at the sky

As one of those giant squirrels, went flying by

What an amazing discovery, Filemma noticed that the squirrel

Was not really a squirrel, but a small Gitchy Girl

Mesco, did you know this was part of their plan?”

Yes,” Mesco nodded, “They are the protectors of this land”



Mesco looked up, then down, and then all around

I guess this will perfect, for our sleep in the ground”

Mesco pulled out two small blanket rolls

And placed them on the ground, where there weren't any holes

The Gitchies gave them to us” Mesco said with a smile

Filemma replied, “a little bit smaller than our normal style”

Yes, but we can't be picky, and we won't get dirt on our clothes”

Not that Filemma was complaining, not one to turn up her nose

They heard forest animals, but none came too near

They slept in rotations, always open with one ear

At some point, they both were asleep in the night

Both were awakened, by the first sign of daylight

Only half a day, and they would be there

While sleepiness left them, they became more aware

They ate some of the provisions, the Gitchies had given

Both came more to life, in the land of the living



They started off on the trail, before too long

Mesco was whistling, a cheery old song

Filemma was smiling, “I know that tune”

And the trail brought them, all the way to noon

They arrived at the valley, that lead to Consoom

If they planned it well, it wouldn't lead to their doom

Filemma, I'm going to look around, I'll be right back”

I want to see who is where, so we'll have all the facts”

Mesco headed off, to check it out

While Filemma, filled her head with plenty of doubt

It seems we may have troubles, is what she thought

Getting Domina out, without us getting caught

All of a sudden she heard a noise, it was Mesco returning

She was anxious to find out, what she would be learning



There's a lot of people, workers around there”

It will be dangerous, we'll have to take care”

Listen, Filemma, I think I should go in alone”

Take a look around, and see what is known”

I want you to be my back up, only come if I say”

You're telepathic, so I'll send a message your way”

Filemma didn't like the idea, but she understood

She'd be prepared, in case he should

Mesco, how did you get caught, you seem so wise”

They came up from behind, took me by surprise”

Couldn't you have turned invisible, and gotten away?”

I wasn't quite the same man, I am today”

They shackled me, before I could be so quick”

What they did to the other captive, made me sick”

Filemma was afraid to ask, what could that be

I have an idea, because of how they treated me”

You have no idea, Filemma, I don't want to say”

They aren't men, and one day they will pay”

Be careful Mesco, I'll be listening for your words”

High above them weren't the Gitchies, but some gray birds

No comments:

Post a Comment