Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Swinger


The Swinger

© by Bud Lemire on Sept 1, 2010



She was just swinging, alone there in the park

I rode my bike by, as it was pretty dark

It made me wonder, as I saw her there

Just how many people, swing from everywhere



I use to swing, when I was just a kid

I'd like to think as children, everybody did

It gives you a good feeling, swinging on the swings

A breeze that hits your body, that each new motion brings



Exhilaration, caught up in the swing

Moving to and fro, loving everything

Such a great feeling, as I swing about

Makes me feel so happy, I just want to shout



As the days went by, I didn't see her there

The days got cooler, so she didn't need that air

I wondered what she did, when she didn't swing

What gave her a good feeling, what made her sing



Then one night it was dark, as I was riding by

There she was in a jacket, and she was swinging high

I'm not sure why, it affected me like it did

Maybe it's because I knew, what it was like to be a kid



The Swing set was over at the Franklin School, which is

now a church. This girl would be over there, swinging.

I am guessing she must live across the street somewhere.

She sure enjoyed swinging, and she was there often.

No comments:

Post a Comment