Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Virus


The Virus

© by Bud Lemire on Feb 8, 2017






First it hits you, like you had one too many to drink

Then it hits you harder, and you find it hard to think

Then the phlegm, is taking over your throat

You feel you're sinking, slowly in a boat



And if that wasn't enough

The itchiness starts and I'm coughing up

I hack and I cough, it just won't stop

It tires me out, I just want to drop



I hack and cough, and blow my nose

If you've had this virus, you know how it goes

I sit back in my recliner, and take a rest

And wait for the phlegm, that sits in your chest



A homemade spittoon, so I can spit

Just waiting for the day, when it will quit

Drink lots of fluids, water and Vitamin C

Off to the bathroom, there's so much to pee



It hasn't affected my appetite, which I am glad

It won't last forever, or that would be bad

If you have this Virus, I say this to you

Do the right things, and you'll get through





Rest, fluids, and spit up all that phlegm.

There's a reason your throat itches. It's

to tell you, spit, blow your nose, and rest

until it is ready for more. Get as much

up as possible. For the more you get up,

the better you'll feel. And the quicker you

will better in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment