Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Devil's Got Your Soul


The Devil's Got Your Soul

© by Bud Lemire on June 21, 2011





It was like any other night, for a good game of dice

A gathering of friends, to take part in something nice

You were usually calm, and we always had great fun

Until the night you lost control, you startled everyone



At the time you acted, like you lost your faith in me

What I experienced was you, letting your inner demon free

You made a lot of noise, and you shook your fist

I'm sure you were hoping, that I would get pissed



I kept my cool, as you let your anger flare

Others all around us, they were well aware

Your actions, left you open wide

To let me, have a glimpse inside



Anger should never be, directed at friends you care about

You should have been in control, and never carried any doubt

Normally you're calm, but what I really want to know

What caused you to go berserk, what made those feelings show



You told others it was pills, and you threw them away

Another told me that earlier, you were dealing with a bad day

Still, that is no reason, to lose yourself like that

You should have thought it out, and remembered where you were at



You lied about what happened, and acted like it never did

An apology was needed, for the flipping of your lid

The action that you took, can not be taken back

It was seen by others, it's not how you should act

You need help to understand, when you're not in control

Or once again you'll find, that the Devil's got your soul





Anger is never good to see. To see someone lose it when you

trusted them, is hard. Not sure really what caused it, but it

should never have happened. We just sat down for a game of

dice, like we usually do. He just lost it and came after me.

Everyone left except one friend, who was worried about me

getting hurt. This guy who had lost it, kept badgering me for

a fight, and I kept ignoring him. In the end he's the one who

got in trouble, and was kicked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment