Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Leave Behind


I Leave Behind

© by Bud Lemire on July 15, 2012





At the end of my life, I leave many things behind

So others can enjoy them, keep these thoughts in mind

My poems, my photos, all that I have done

So appreciation can be found, by everyone



I leave behind memories, of the man I am

So you can remember me, the way only you can

I hope, you'll remember me with a smile

And know I did things, with my own special style



Anyone can do it, but not the way I do

I was being me, as you are being you

Treasured are the things, that I keep in my collection

Valued in my lifetime, is my favorite selection



I know it may not mean, as much to you

Yet I hope something is gained, from all I went through

In the poems, is a story that I've told

The photos, I captured the beauty that unfolds



I don't plan to pass tomorrow, yet we will never know

When it's time to leave this world, and carry on with our soul

I hope when you think of me, keep this thought in mind

I share these things with you, of all I leave behind







It's amazing how much of an impact someone can touch us

with. When they pass, we realize exactly how big that impact

was. In our lifetime, many people touch you, as they pass by

and journey in their own lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment