Friday, February 10, 2017

Politics


Politics

© by Bud Lemire on Sept 4, 2012





Many things, you may not have known about me

One thing is, I'm turned off politically

It wasn't always this way, because as a kid

I loved reading about presidents, and what they did



These days, it seems to be an endless war

Fighting against each other, like never before

Who has the right candidate, to win this time

As we watch all the voters, standing in line



A President does their best, as everybody knows

But there are others in office, who tend to oppose

Always a brick wall, that they must face

It's not as easy as you think, to be in his place



I think we should start over, with no parties at all

Begin anew, and tear down that wall

Pick your candidate, not by party but as one

Then I think politics, would be much more fun



I'm sure many reading this, will disagree

That's what I'd do, if it was up to me

I'm turned off totally, by politics and how it works

I see so much lying, and so many jerks



I see people pretending, to be something they're not

And it really bothers me, really a lot

They shouldn't be arguing, over choices wrong or right

The President will try, with all of his might



It's to the point, where I don't want to vote

Politics to me, leaves a sour note

If the parties were kinder, to the opposing one

No cutting down, of the other candidates that run

The overall election, could be better indeed

If we treated others, with a little less greed





Not only is it a war with candidate against

candidate, but it is also a war with voters

against voters. Republicans against Democrats

and believe me, they are both acting very

childish. For grown ups, it sure doesn't look

good.

No comments:

Post a Comment