Saturday, February 13, 2016

10-4 Good Buddy


10-4 Good Buddy

by Bud Lemire on March 22, 2012



I remember back when 10-4 was a popular sign

The C.B. craze was here, and I got mine

To be talking to people like Big Daddy, Blonde Bomber, and Neil To Wheel

Back in the 70's, we chatted for so many hours, it seemed unreal



I remember the words and what everyone said

Moonbeam, Irish Clover, and Fearless Fred

So many people were ones I talked to

If you had a C.B., then it was you



The Communicator, Blue Laker, Skipper, and Running Bear

We'd have a roll call to see who all was there

Turn down your power mic, they would say to me

I'd reply “I don't have one,” and then let it be



Those popular brothers who are Djs today

Were the Pink Panther and Red Baron by the way

Wild Irish, Screwy Louie, and the Sandpiper

Rinkydink, Super Snoop, Silver Springs, and the Cougar

Blue Swede, Eskymo, and the Space Freak

There's so many handles every day of the week



So many locals would Ratchet Jaw with me

Screamon Demon, Black Jack, and Willie Coyote

Big Moose, Henny Penny, and Mr.Magoo

Leprechaun, Double Nickel, and Wild Cat too

Star Trek, Engineer, Matchbox, and the Tookey Bird

Various handles to be called, and these are ones I heard

I'm taken back to those wonderful days

When I chatted with many during the C.B. craze


10-4 Good Buddy, you got a copy on the Shocker,

I was there during that C.B. Craze and I enjoyed all the people I talked to back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment