Friday, February 12, 2016

A Long Road Traveled


A Long Road Traveled

by Bud Lemire on June 3, 2005

 

It's been a long road, that we traveled on together

But it seems like the times, have fallen on bad weather

I'd do anything, to make life easier for you

I can't take away your pain, no matter what I do



I bathe you, and try to keep you clean

I adjust your pillows, so you'll have a good dream

I try to keep you healthy, by giving you good food

And I joke around and smile, to stay in a good mood



Life has worn me down, but I still try my best

There are many nights, when I can hardly rest

I give you my all, I give my best to you

But I'm totally exhausted, when the day is through



Please forgive me, when there are times that I ignore

These are the times, when I feel I can't take anymore

I want the best for you, I hope you know it's true

When weighing the decisions, of what is best for you

***********************************

Have I fallen asleep, and live within this nightmare

How can life be this way, treating me unfair

So much pain throughout me, I wish that I were dead

I have these terrible aches, all throughout my head



I know you try your best, when positioning me

Yet there's this uneasy feeling, that won't let me be

I get too hot, I get too cold

It's nice to have, your hand to hold



Oh why did I have to have a stroke

This has to be, some kind of joke

I didn't ask, for this my dear

I am so scared, I live in fear



No matter how you comfort me

The pain returns, to my body

I know you have a choice to make

I love you so, no matter which one you take

***********************************************

We Angels have gathered, for we've always known

Through difficult times, the soul has grown

Let us guide you through, until you reach the end

And bless your soul, with God's love we send

We'll be there for you, on your final day

And on our wings, we'll take you away

No comments:

Post a Comment