Friday, February 12, 2016

A Man From Mars


A Man From Mars

by Bud Lemire on March 21, 2005
It was a day I called a man from Mars

I asked him if Martians drove cars

He asked me if the birds could fly

I said they do and asked him why



He said their cars have wings and fly

They're often seen up in the sky

I asked him what Martians like to eat

He said mostly they crave something sweet



Martians eat avocados, because they are green

But too many consumed, makes them obscene

"Are all Martians green?" I had to ask

He answered yes, but some wear a mask



A Mask? Well, what's that for

Too many questions, he'd like to ignore

I asked if they have music on Mars

He said yes, but it's not from guitars



I asked him how they made their musical sound

He replied, from a musical instrument that he had found

What does it look like, I wanted to know

He described a flute, and I felt aglow



Oh play me a tune on your Martian flute

I thought for a moment that the phone had gone mute

Then all of a sudden I heard this magical sound

That touched me all over, from my head to the ground

I thanked him for playing this Martian Flute for me

As the Martian hung up, I danced away in glee


No comments:

Post a Comment