Friday, February 12, 2016

A Pat From Heaven


A Pat From Heaven

by Bud Lemire on Sept 14, 2003


It was a dream, that I had one night

Of a dear friend, who passed into the light

She and her dog, passed before my door

Looking once again, they weren't there anymore



I remember after the vision, I searched the cemetery

Looking for her grave site, but it wasn't scary

Where would I find her, I didn't have a clue

I rode my bike all over, thinking I was through



Then from behind a red truck, there came a woman's face

With recognition of me, but hers I couldn't place

She said she knew the woman, I was searching for

She would show me, after she finished her chore



You see, this woman knew me too

We had a family tie, that I researched through

She was a cousin, a relative of mine

Brought to me this day, by the Heavenly divine



She showed me the grave site, then we chatted awhile

We talked about the deceased, and we had to smile

She touched so many, in her short time here

I could feel her presence, silently draw near



I was filled with love, of her guiding touch

Of a special woman, who had done so much

It was a Pat from Heaven, this much I do know

Come to say she's with me, everywhere I go
 
 
This is for Patricia Sundstrom, a great friend and
a wonderful genealogist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment