Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Tiny Tree


A Tiny Tree

by Bud Lemire on Dec 14, 2004



It was a tiny tree

My sister gave to me

She wanted me to feel the Christmas cheer

As the holiday season draws nearer



We plugged it in

And the music would begin

Christmas music bringing joy

Memories from when I was a boy



Oh how the tree lights shine

I take this as a special sign

Visions fill up my head

Go anywhere where you are lead



The Angels danced all around

But they don't touch the ground

Their presence fills me with love

Suddenly a bright light appears from above



"Merry Christmas to you my son"

"Your journey continues, I'm sending someone"

"She'll light your way"

"Be your strength every day"



How will I know her?

How can I be sure?

"You will know, deep in your heart"

"For you each, have never been apart"



The light got brighter, and it surrounded me

And I thought of what was, and what was yet to be...



...A Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment