Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Beatle's Tears


A Beatle's Tears

By Bud Lemire on February 1st, 2003



There was a gathering, to listen to a song

A variety of people, but I really didn't belong

One was Paul McCartney, ex-Beatle extraordinaire

And I was quite pleased, I had some music I could share



So I pulled out a tape, I wanted Paul to hear

I'm not sure how I had it, all was so unclear

But there was a new Lennon song, how could this be

And how did this song, ever get to me



How could I tell them, years ago he had died

I looked around for answers, and saw that Paul had cried

He said he never heard that, and he liked it very much

Still he wondered about me, and how I got in touch



He wondered why, he never heard it before

I wish I could answer, but I knew nothing more

I enjoyed the Beatles, through all their years

And I somehow had it, flowing into my ears



Could it be, that John Lennon's spirit, gave it to me

So I could pass it on to Paul, so they could Let It Be

I'm not sure how I got it, but I somehow knew

Please, please Help me understand, or Love Me Do



It was a dream. When I woke up to turn on the radio,

John Lennon's IMAGINE started playing. Amazing....yeah, yeah yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment