Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Broken Heart


A Broken Heart

by Bud Lemire on March 30, 2004



You asked if I knew, how it felt to have a broken heart

When love has left, without even a spark

Well I should, because it's happened to me

I should be happy, now that I can be free



But I was so entangled, deep in her love

I didn't know, what she was thinking of

I got caught up in a wonderful life

Until she told me, she wouldn't stay my wife



My love alone, couldn't maintain us both

So I lost the woman, that I loved the most

She wanted something, I couldn't give

I feel the pain, everyday that I live



So now you know, I feel it too

It's happened to me, and happened to you

That's how I know, about a broken heart

It left me so empty, without even a spark



Of course time does move on, and there was a spark

of hope that kept getting stronger and I found Love again

No comments:

Post a Comment