Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Deadly Curse


A Deadly Curse

by Bud Lemire on May 26, 2005



There came a noise in the middle of the night

It seemed some neighbors here had a fight

He was in a drunken rage, while she watched in fright

He stormed out, while she found her way to my light



He threw the phone, and it did break

My light was on, so I must be awake

It happened while they were in bed

She said it left a lump upon her head



She was so scared, as I watched her tears

To see him like that, unleashed her fears

I've never seen him quite like this

Our nights usually ended in happiness



She was shaking from what transpired

I was awake, but gradually getting tired

She used my phone to call up a friend

So soon her heart could be on the mend



The police arrived with questions they sought

I hoped that he would soon be caught

But I wished inside, that she would know

From this experience, she would grow



I know about drinking, things only get worse

For alcohol in people, is a deadly curse

I hope that you will take my advice

To search for someone who will treat you nice

No comments:

Post a Comment