Friday, February 12, 2016

A Song In Her Heart


A Song In Her Heart
    By Bud Lemire on Feb 13, 2006


 
She came to this world, with a song in her heart
To share it with many, before her time to depart
She sang with a mixture of joy and of love
Memories of a time, she was thinking of
 
Life wasn’t easy for this woman I knew
Hard times aplenty, but music helped her through
Losses and burdens, still she kept up the fight
Raising a family, her music was her light
 
She sang a lullaby to help each child sleep
Yet often you’d find her ready to weep
So many problems people have to face
Using her songs to bring her to a happy place
 
I remember the songs as a child, that she would sing
And the love inside each one, that they would bring
I remember the way she would sing and smile
The memories today, take me back there awhile
 
Oh Mom, thanks for the songs you shared with me
Songs that were sung, with a voice so lovingly
Thanks for the gift of music, you carried with you
Passed down to me, to help me get through



Dedicated to my Mother, Mary Lucille Joint-Sivertsen-Lemire,
for sharing her love and music in song with us

No comments:

Post a Comment