Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Yooper Christmas


A Yooper Christmas

by Bud Lemire on Dec 18, 2004



I'm having a Yooper Christmas, smack dab in Michigan's U.P.

I can't think of a better place, where I'd like to be

Christmas cards all hanging, around the entry way

And it's been snowing a lot, all throughout the day



The tree lights are shining, and it looks so nice

Outside people are slipping, as there's so much ice

I'm sipping a hot chocolate, making it even more complete

Cracking mixed nuts, and listening to the Nutcracker Suite



Soon I'll be opening presents, surrounded by my family

Hurry, please hurry, oh what can it be

Chocolate covered cherries, how did you know

I was so delighted, I had to "ho, ho, ho"



The women are in the kitchen, fixing up the meal

Peaceful and content, is exactly how I feel

The guys are watching the football game on TV

Yelling for their teams to win, whoever they may be



In below zero temperatures, da Yoopers celebrate this season

Clad in an Eskymo coat and chook, because outside it's freezing

There's so many ways, one can spend a Yooper Christmas here

Smack dab in the U.P. of Michigan, at this time of year




Remember a chook is what some people refer to as a stocking cap.

Here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, we call it a chook.

No comments:

Post a Comment