Friday, February 12, 2016

A Harbor Tower Christmas (2004)


A Harbor Tower Christmas

by Bud Lemire on Dec 13, 2004


It's a Harbor Tower Christmas here

All the way to the top with cheer

The elevator goes up and down

And makes the Jingle Bells sound

The wind is blowing

Outside it's snowing

The lobby is filled with the people who are dear

People gathered around from every floor here

Laughter is heard, by the lobby Christmas Tree

Someone is sharing a long ago memory with me

The older they are, the more memories they share

It's not the presents they have, but that they care


It's the journey they took, to get to this place

I listen quite closely, as a smile's on their face

Life isn't the same as it was once before

I could see she's gone through, the time zone door

Mom handed me the present, It was a doll

Dad took my picture, I was there by the wall

I was so happy, a doll of my own

I gave it away, when I was full grown”


My daughter loved it, and when she grew

She gave it to her daughter, and she loved it too

It's been through the years, and still looks brand new

Still has the dress, of a bright color blue”

I saw a tear fall as she smiled at me

I could tell it was a deep memory

I could tell others had their own memories to share

But I thought of that doll, and I started to stare

I was taken back to my own memories

It was a cold winter, with snow on the trees



I got the best gift, that I'd ever received

A little terrier dog, such a wonderful breed

Mom and I loved him, and he sure loved me

He'd unwrap his own presents from under the tree

He sure had such a wonderful heart

Talented as anything, he sure was smart

There goes those people, singing Jingle Bells

Of all the stories. memories that they tell

The presents we find, is the presence we keep

Of a Merry Christmas that's not filled with grief

No comments:

Post a Comment