Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Conversation


A Conversation

by Bud Lemire on May 28, 2003



I had a conversation, with someone you all know

He told me in my life, to learn and to grow

To listen to your inner soul, to enjoy and to explore

And let your spirit come alive, like it was before



I had a conversation, with someone who knew me well

She made a lot of sense, with all she had to tell

It doesn't matter what you say, or what you do

As long as you do your best, to always be you



I had a conversation, with a furry friend of mine

Who wagged his tail, and raised his paw as a sign

It doesn't matter what you look like, as long as you care

And with all the love you have, to always share



I had a conversation, with a tree

I know it sure seemed odd to me

But I learned to spread my limbs and grow

And leave a good impression, wherever I go



I had a conversation, with a stream

Who said to flow with my dream

And to never stop running, until it's here

Banish all frustrations, so all understanding is clear



All of these conversations, were with God

Oh sure, you may find this to be odd

But he's everything, and everyone, and everywhere

And he loves everyone, and really does care

He said to remember who you were, and remember who you are

And if you're aware of your spirit, your life will take you far

No comments:

Post a Comment