Friday, February 12, 2016

A Friend, Time And Time Again


A Friend, Time And Time Again

2001 by Bud Lemire



I would like to thank, a very special friend

Who has listened to my worries, time and time again

Through the years, we have each grown

And seen the many changes, that were shown



We've taken many trips, which have taken us far away

The roads to the future, brought us to this day

We can not return to the past, and all that has gone on before

But face our greatest challenge, by moving through that door



He saw me at my best, and he saw me at my worst

He saw my well was running dry, when I craved for a thirst

He listened to me, when no one else was there

And with his presence, I found it easy to share



He saw me, when I lost so much weight

He saw me, when I passed beyond the gate

He knew my darkest fears, and my greatest dreams

He heard all of my whispers, he heard all of my screams



And I stayed with him, as he had himself a fight

To win life over death, that brought him to the light

It wasn't always easy, we both have been through so much

But his wheels kept on moving, within I felt his touch



Thirteen years, down life's road together

In every season, and all kinds of weather

A down to earth man, my quadriplegic friend

Bob, I thank you very much, time and time again




Another one for my friend Bob Miller.

He's been there for me many times.

Thanks Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment