Friday, February 12, 2016

A Little Money


A Little Money

© by Bud Lemire on Jan 8, 2016


                                        I have bills to pay, my rent is due

To get through each day, I need money too

My bank account is way too low

Got to watch everywhere my money will go



I have money for them, and some for me

I balance a little, but I fall for free

I have to watch every penny as it passes by

I stay on my feet, but I have to really try



I think we put too much emphasis on money in this day and age

Many times it causes people to go into such a frenzy and a rage

The value of money is really way too high

For just a piece of paper, makes me wonder why



Be nice if money took a back seat to trade

Would be nice to sell something that we made

Creations are skills we could use every day

All I am saying is, there must be another way



I don't run this country, I don't make the law

But as I gaze at the world, I see the flaw

Some day, maybe changes will come to be

Until that time, I'll keep a little money for me




Money is always needed for something. For some

people it is easy to come by. For others it is harder.

Money is precious to us all, because it pays our way

for many things we need and want. It's a means of

living to pay our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment