Sunday, January 31, 2016

Morning From Hell


Morning From Hell

by Bud Lemire on March 11, 2004


It was the morning from hell

I sure couldn't tell

The night went so well

I was caught in a quell



I felt a weight

Couldn't open the gate

I tried my best

But felt I gave less



Through the long night

My time off was my light

Just to get home

To be all alone



The call came in the night

I didn't use my second sight

To see how it would be

In the morning for me



Reliability wasn't there

Some people are unfair

Jobs, they don't care

Teamwork, they must share



Nobody came

Was I to blame

Under pressure at work

I felt like a jerk

Nothing turned out

I just wanted to shout



I called people on the list

And then shook my fist

How could this happen to me

I tried my best to be



Then a call I sent, came through

She was old, yet she was new

I stayed to help, awhile longer

Wanted to leave, I didn't belong there



I questioned my action

Couldn't get satisfaction

Did I really do right

When the call came that night



I should have called for help

At that moment, help myself

But my decision was made

And for that, I had paid

It was the morning from hell

Now you know it as well



Being a nurses aide isn't easy.

And when someone doesn't come on when it's their shift.

It makes it harder for the rest of us to carry more than our own load.

People should be responsible for doing their own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment