Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Cousin Arthur


My Cousin Arthur

by Bud Lemire on Jan 20, 2004



I remembered the times, you stopped to see Mom and me

You were a wonderful man, and it was easy to see

You had a way about you, putting others at ease

A gentle calming presence, like a warm soothing breeze



Your Mom was a JOINT, my Grandpa was one too

The same ancestors blood, is in me and in you

I've researched them, and know them quite well

We share in the stories, that I love to tell



I remember one visit, one time that you came

A surprise hallway greeting, you called out Grandpa's name

You said the likeness, resembled him so

Of your Uncle Adrien, that you use to know



You're not the first, to say that to me

Others look at me, and it's him that they see

It's the way it startled you, and what you said

Like maybe you thought, he came back from the dead



You're a caring husband, wonderful father, and special brother

A friend who cares, and a cousin unlike any other

This is a poem, I wrote especially for you

For all that you are, and all that you do



This one is for my Cousin Arthur Bourdlais, who lives in

Menominee, Michigan. He's been a great friend as well

as a cousin, Thank you Art!

No comments:

Post a Comment