Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Party, Alone


My Party, Alone

by Bud Lemire on Dec 19, 2013



I had invited them to a party with me

What happened to them, why did they flee

They left me alone in the lurch

A lone bird sitting on the perch



A kind gesture, I invited them for fun

I sit alone, because they didn't come

I'm by myself as I eat some cake

Maybe I am asleep, I can't be awake



I had snacks all out for them to try

Many of them I had to go out and buy

Especially for this occasion with friends

Where are they now, the misery never ends



I'll survive to live another day

I've learned a lesson on this very day

So they didn't come, that is alright

I'll enjoy each moment, and sleep good tonight



Sometimes the plans may go wrong

But I am okay, I was born to be strong

Maybe the next time I plan one, here's what I'll do

I'll invite only the friends, that I know are true



This was written for someone I heard about. She had a party

and nobody showed up. I can imagine how disappointed she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment