Saturday, January 30, 2016

On The Greyhound Again


On The Greyhound Again

by Bud Lemire on Apr 13, 2004



Once again, I'm back on the greyhound

From the west coast, where love was found

It was found, and it was lost

And I'm left, paying the cost



It was a love, I'll never forget

Especially the first time, that we met

I never wanted it to end

But she told me, I'm only a friend



She did not understand, all I had become

So I am going back, to the place where I came from

Back to the Midwest, brothers sisters and friends

Where my journey started, where my journey ends



A new beginning, a new look at life

Living everyday, without my west coast wife

Times change, and people do too

Comes a time, to say that it is through



She knew what I was like, but thought that I could change

In the end, she just decided I was too strange

Funny how life goes

One just never knows

No comments:

Post a Comment