Saturday, January 30, 2016

Out Of The Blue (Part 1)


Out Of The Blue (Part 1)

by Bud Lemire on Feb 24, 2003



Tattered clothes with patches, he showed up at their door

No one knew where he came from, or what he showed up for

His beard was long and scraggly, he's struggled through the years

Scars that were visible on his face, shows he conquered many fears



It was freezing cold outside, surely he can't stay there

So they let him inside, because it was only fair

He took his hat off, and shook off all the snow

If you looked deep into his eyes, there was an inner glow



They asked him "how did you come to be here?"

He replied "The answer I give may sound mighty queer"

Do you believe in miracles, and all things that will be

Because I have a story, so listen closely to me



I was gathering all the cows, because of the approaching storm

When something hit me very hard, and it felt very warm

I thought it was a tornado, but much to my surprise

Then it got much colder, and I opened up my eyes



It was snowing up a blizzard, like it never was before

And I looked before my eyes, and there I saw your door

I could just make it out, because I was so near

So I came up and knocked, as I held back my fear



Before he could continue, they offered him something to drink

He asked for a cup of tea, and gave them each a wink

It was quite an unusual story, they didn't know what to do

For it seemed this kindly stranger, appeared Out Of The Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment