Sunday, January 31, 2016

Mount Rainier


Mount Rainier

by Bud Lemire on July 27, 2003



It was a sunny day, on a trip to Mount Rainier

The beauty to see, had a mystical atmosphere

Our first south view, was from the Paradise side

We looked and saw climbers, both far and wide



Then it was a long ride, as we kept the Mountain in sight

We got to Sunrise, and the sun was shining bright

I was sun-burnt, as I made a chipmunk my friend

And I walked in some snow, because it was my trend



Looking up, from where we were at

We saw more climbers, on a snowy path

Feeding the gray jays, with popcorn from the car

Throwing it out the window, it wasn't very far



We returned to the place, where we began

Packwood, with Rainier in the distance, and a good plan

We met with my cousin, whom I never met before

Who shared with me, some family history lore

It was quite a trip, the day we came here

And took in the beauty, of the great Mount Rainier

No comments:

Post a Comment