Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Friend Lee



My Friend Lee

July 13, 2011 by Bud Lemire



Lee was in town to visit his Mother

He wasn't alone, he brought his brother

Fred is a lifelong friend, like a brother in every way

A stroke hit him hard, but he's doing well today



Behind Fred's gentle smile is a kind and gentle soul

Someone who everyone would love to know

Log Rolling buddies from years ago

Now traveling together in a Lumberjack Show



I knew Lee back in our school years, he's been a good friend

I have memories of conversations we had back then

He now lives in Florida and has a family there

You might even see him if he comes to your Fair



One Sunday afternoon we got together

He picked me up, we had warm weather

A handshake in greeting, it was 33 years ago

He said I looked the same only older, which I know



He told me he saw I had a glow all around me

And all of our friends would be drawn to what they see

He said what I do for everyone is quite a lot

Sharing area photos of beauty is what I brought



Lee wrote a song, and it was played on the radio while he was here

He played it for me, it was the “Whiskey Blues” that ran through my ear

We parted with a handshake, but it meant a lot to me

To have had a good visit with my friend and Classmate Lee



Thanks Lee (LeCaptain), for taking the time to get together with me

and catching up on the thirty three years that life had taken us.

It was great to hear your input on life, and just to laugh and enjoy the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment