Saturday, January 30, 2016

On The Road To California


On The Road To California

by Bud Lemire on Sept 1, 2003



It was early in the morning, and it was dark on the road

In our trunk we were carrying quite a load

On the road to California, with two adults and two kids in the car

A family Reunion in 2003, that gave us a chance to travel this far



We were being followed by relatives going there too

Three adults and a baby, to a place that they once knew

From Washington through Oregon, to California's northern side

Took us to the city of Redding, where we ended our long ride



I've never been to this state in my life before

And I hoped that in the future, the trips would be some more

For there is so much in our world that I'd like to see

Each journey that I take, is a new experience for me




We left Washington state to go to Northern California

to my Father-In-Law's family reunion held there in Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment