Sunday, January 31, 2016

Nancy, Ode To A Sister


Nancy, Ode To A Sister

©1991 by Bud Lemire



Oh Nancy, oh Nancy, this poem is for you

For all the kind words, and things that you do

I'm so happy to have you as a sister, it's true

And to travel time, with all we've been through



Although we were born, years from each other

You've been a great sister, I'm glad I'm your brother

We have more in common, as time passes by

And reading my books, you gave them a try



Stopping to see if everything is okay

Helping us out in your own special way

Bringing us places that we couldn't go

Making us feel happy, when we're feeling low



Playing games was a fun time we shared

The laughter and enjoyment, showed that you cared

Holidays would be right without you by our side

With the feeling of love that came from inside



You've been a true sister, as well as a friend

With each little gesture you happen to send

A phone call, a game, or whatever it be

Your kindness, your thoughtfulness, you're special to me



I could go on, there's much more to say

Just wanted to tell you, in my own special way

As I sit here at the kitchen table, feeling at home

I thought you deserved it, so here is your poem




Nancy, thank you for being the special sister you are


No comments:

Post a Comment