Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Brother Terry


My Brother Terry

June 2, 2011 by Bud Lemire



Always a good Samaritan, he was a special soul

Someone you felt was a good person to know

Guided by his heart, he'd always tell it like it is

It was a special quality, that was especially his



Now he's in the Spirit World, carrying on his trait

Because for some reason...Heaven couldn't wait

He loved dogs, and there he's sure to see

Two great family pets, Barney and Toby



Mom is there, as well as other relatives too

Probably many of them that you never knew

I'm sure they have pool tables, so you can shoot some pool

Or play a game of cribbage, now that would be so cool



If you see me taking pictures, smile down on me from a cloud

Because you got me started, and I'll always make you proud

I know you have many things to adjust to, so I think I'll stop here

But remember you're invited to the family gatherings that happen every year



Terry, I loved you more than I could ever say. I admired you for all the things you've done. Before I was born, you helped our family survive hard times by giving your “shoe shining” money to help with the groceries and other bills. You gave me my first camera and from there, it brought me to where I am today. You said being here on Earth was like being in “friggin' Hell.” Well, dear brother, you've been promoted to Heaven. I know your life will be much better there. As for us, we'll think of you often and remember the kind soul who we were fortunate to have known as our brother Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment