Sunday, January 31, 2016

New Home Birthday


New Home Birthday

2003 by Bud Lemire



Here I am once again, with another Birthday poem

This one takes place, in a new place I call home

From somewhere far away, then from one place to another

Celebrating this special day, with a new father and mother



My loving wife Wanda, had a salmon bake

And she had cream cheese frosting, on a spice cake

Colored balloons were brought in, by my new sister Annarae

Her added touching presence, helped to make the day





They all sang Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you

Then I took a big puff, and out the candles blew

I cut pieces from the cake, and passed them all around

Then silence could be heard, as the only sound



Then everyone waited, for me to open each gift

I opened up the presents, gently closing the silent rift

I received some cards, that touched my very heart

A book and a calling card, from my sister who works at Wal-Mart



I received pens, two notebooks, and a beautiful sweater

Welcoming me to the family, which made me feel much better

We sat around and chatted, saying what we had to say

Which brought it to the end, of a New Home Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment