Sunday, January 31, 2016

Night Ship


Night Ship

by Bud Lemire on Dec 21, 2004



Looking out my window, from the fifteenth floor

I see a sight, that I can't possibly ignore

A ship on the lake, in the middle of the night

All lit up so beautiful, like a Christmas tree light



Fantastic display, out on the lake

Is what I see, while I am awake

My camera can't capture what my eyes see

But it sure was, captivating to me



When I was just sitting, comfortably watching TV

When from the corner of my eye, what should I see

That ship drew me in, with its lights on display

I soaked in the view, and couldn't look away



It turned around on the lake, with the lights shining bright

And then it slowly faded, in the distance, into the night

Oh, I love to watch the ships that come and go

Especially at night, when their lights are aglow




I saw the ships the last couple of nights and wrote this poem.









No comments:

Post a Comment