Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Heart Of Gold


My Heart Of Gold
by Bud on April 24, 2004


Knock me down, but I'll get up again
Right here and now, my life won't end
Punch me in the face, make me hurt
Leave me naked, without a warm shirt

Once you've been through the worst pain
You succeed in life, from all you gain
Your spirit grows, and you rise above
Lessons learned, the ins and outs of love

Cut me down, faults that you find
My strength is deep, within my mind
You have many faults too
But I never even told you

You gave up, never even tried to work it out
Isn't compromises, what love is all about
What you don't understand, you fear
But I know it, all has become clear

Look at what you've done
You think you have won
It's the losing card you hold
And I still have my heart of Gold


No comments:

Post a Comment