Sunday, January 31, 2016

Night Shift


Night Shift

by Bud Lemire on Jan 14, 2004



Here I am keeping company with the night

Wondering how long it'll be before daylight

Time ticking by as I move around

The TV in the background is the only sound



Sometimes I find the time moving too slow

Other times I wonder where did it all go

One moment I get sleepy and feel so tired

Another moment I catch my second wind and start to perspire



I start moving so fast that I lose track of time

Exerting all my strength as energy flows through my spine

Food that I had eaten converts to energy I can use

Mind over matter in whatever choices I choose



I switch into a mode that only I can feel

I'm making good time but it seems so unreal

Before I even know it, it's time for me to go

It sure did come fast, when it started out so slow


No comments:

Post a Comment