Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Sisters, My Brothers


My Sisters, My Brothers

©2001 by Bud Lemire



I was blessed to have been born to one of the greatest Mothers

And to have been greatly loved by so many sisters and brothers

We have always been there for each other

We shared in the love that came from our Mother



I would like to take the time to thank each every one

For always being there, and all that they have done

My sisters and my brother, each special in their own way

I send this poem of appreciation, for each and every day



Jeannie, the lost one, who was given up long ago

Found us in 1999, and gave us a warm hello

Music runs in your blood, and a smile upon your face

In my heart always, there will be a special place



Clyde, the great one, who kept our family strong

Supported us throughout our lives, as we went along

With Bass and Tuba, he was instrumental in our family

His song of life forever guiding us, of this most will agree



Dick, the athletic one, you hit a home run here

With Cuckoo clocks from overseas, you sent us Christmas cheer

The nicknames that you gave us, always come to mind

You followed a spiritual path, of the healthy kind



Terry, the humane one, always thinking of those around you

Making sure those you love, had the right things to help them through

You helped our family get through the hard times of the past

I hope you know how much we love you, and want this love to last



Nancy, the thoughtful one, making sure everyone had enough

She always put on a front, as though she were tough

But we always knew better, we knew she was gentle and kind

She's the Easter Bunny of caring, not a better person you'll find



Jay, the humorous one, with your laughter, we had so much fun

Through the tragedy of Hodgkins disease, you'll always be the special one

We shared a common bond in life, this much is forever true

And we saw and felt each others spirit, as each of us grew


Jim, the prudent one, from the Big Boy to working at Mead

Following your own path in life, following your own creed

Many years of the distance, that separated me from you

Recently, I've come to know a special brother, that I hardly knew




Cheryl, the sensitive one, always feeling the pain of others that you knew

“Love Hurts” and “Swinging” are songs that will always remind me of you

You'll always be the baby girl, of this family that we're part of

But you'll also be a sister, who has shared in so much love



John, the helpful one, you're the one I'm proud of most

I always felt concerned about your future, you were the perfect host

But you found a place where you belong, and someone who loved you

And she brought out your good qualities, the ones that I always knew



I'm Bud, and I am between Cheryl and John in our family

And I wanted to let everyone know what they meant to me

When a loss occurs in the family, the siblings sometimes drift away

I hope that each and everyone knows, in my heart you'll always stay



Although we have our differences, with all that is said and done

May the love that we share together, always keep us together as one

As we travel down the road of life, to meet our journey's end

May you always know within me, you'll always have a friend

I love and cherish each sister and brother

Who were given the greatest love from our Mother



Bless them each for being unique and special in their own way.

Terry passed in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment