Saturday, January 30, 2016

On A Summer Day


On A Summer Day

by Bud Lemire on June 5, 2012



Nothing makes me feel as good as on a summer day

Warm sun shining down as the birds fly away

Butterflies and dragonflies fly around above

The feel of joy is everywhere, and I feel the love



All the creatures take part in this special day

Every one of them does it in their own way

The birds are singing, branch to branch they go

The butterflies are flying high, some are flying low



The sailboats are sailing, the clouds are rolling by

Up in the air, you can hear the Seagulls cry

People on their way to the Beach for some fun

A beautiful summer day just right for everyone



The Yellow Warbler is singing such a lovely song

A response from his mate, doesn't take too long

The Brown Thrasher is hunting for some food to eat

While the sun is beaming, I sure can feel the heat



A Swan is out on the water, I see it come around

A Robin runs nearby, he is on the ground

I ride over the bridge, and enjoy the island scene

On A Summer Day, everything looks green



I enjoy the beauty of summer and all that is around us








No comments:

Post a Comment