Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Sister Jeannie


My Sister Jeannie
1999 by Bud Lemire


 
Many years ago, a baby girl was adopted away
It seemed like the right thing, to do on that day
Although the Mother wasn’t really sure
She hoped for the best, and always loved her
 
Where was her baby girl, she never knew
Looking at each face, ”could it be you?”
A family she raised, kept away the pain
She gave her love to them, which kept her sane
 
Many years passed, and we enter this year
1999 is the time, and I’ll make it clear
The Mother who gave her little girl away so long ago
Is also my Mother, so I ought to know
 
One night while researching my family tree
A friend holding a paper, handed it to me
It was someone looking for a Lucille JOINT
The year matched, if you get my point
 
1942 was the year, Detroit was the place
It was that long ago, since she saw her face
An E-Mail address listed, there was somewhere to write
So I wrote back to this person, on that very night
 
She replied quickly, with more on her mind
I sent her some answers, all I could find
Mom, my sister Nancy, and I waited for every letter
The feeling we had, would only get better
 
Her name was Jeannie, and she became my friend
And we grew even closer, with time that we did spend
She called me Christopher Robbins, she’s into “Pooh”
I felt like she was, someone I knew
 
It matched, it was proven one night
Within each of our hearts, there shone a light
This woman named Jeannie, was a sister of mine
And she had family traits, which is a great sign
 
She phoned us to talk, on the very same weekend
The bonding was instant, we really did blend
We became even closer as time came to be
And every day she sent a letter to me
 
Oh Jeannie, you’re not a “Silly Old Bear”
You’re one special sister, and I really do care
So please take my hand, as we touch on the past
I’ll share what I can, and we’ll make it last
Now that we’ve connected, we want you to stay
For the rest of our lives, if you say okay


 
For Jeannie, who did meet Mom and all of her newly found family. She was in our Mom’s life until Mom passed away on Jeannie’s birthday July 20th 2001. Jeannie, she didn’t leave you again…she’s always around you and touches you with her spiritual love. Thank you Jeannie for bringing closure to Mom’s life, and being such a wonderful sister.



No comments:

Post a Comment