Sunday, January 31, 2016

Mysterious Benefactor


Mysterious Benefactor

by Bud Lemire on March 4, 2005



I went to get my eyes checked, it was about time

Because I value very much, these two eyes of mine

I was being helped by, a place that helps people like me

A company to help those without, get an examination for free



The exam went well, and they dilated my eyes

I had to wear sunglasses all day, which wasn't a surprise

I picked out a pair of glasses, smaller than the last

To order them would cost $30, paid for in check or cash



I told them that tomorrow, I'd bring the money there

So they could order the glasses, that I was going to wear

But I have this habit, of sharing with everyone I know

All things that I do, and everywhere I go



The next day when I called, to verify the price to pay

They told me it balanced out, no payment was okay

Somewhere in between, someone must have paid

Someone thought me worthy, and came to my aide



I know several people, who come to my mind

But I'll let it remain a secret, and thank the divine

I help many people, and they wanted to help me back

The day the Mysterious Benefactor, made this generous act



The years have passed since this happened. The only two people

who could have done this was Ernie & Mina Bernard.

Two wonderful people who I loved dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment